Over the course of the past several years, I have evolved into a health coach, yoga instructor, and published self-help author. My journey to this moment has been very personal.
In 2009, my mother died suddenly from a stroke, and I lost myself to a rollercoaster of anxiety and helplessness. I experienced panic attacks and severe digestive issues. As I began seeking strategies to help me deal with these issues, I started on a journey of exploration that ultimately led me to nutrition and clean eating, deep breathing and meditation, yoga and fitness, writing therapy, and Eastern medicine.
And as I slowly found my own path to wellness, I became committed to sharing my new knowledge with others, helping to empower them on their own journeys toward leading healthier, happier, more fulfilled lives.
Turning my commitment to action, I have:
- Written a book distilling my experience, Reawakened: Existing Isn’t Enough – It’s Time to Live!, which was published in 2017
- Become a passionate stroke awareness advocate, planning, promoting and hosting three very successful “Fitness by the Beach” fundraisers to raise awareness about strokes and benefit NYU’s Langone Stroke Center and support publication of the Stroke Guide for Patients and Caregivers, a thorough guidebook provided to all stroke patients upon admission
- Become a health coach, completing my program at NYC’s Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Founded a health coaching practice, Simplify Health & Fitness, where I use a client-driven approach to create meaningful, positive behavioral change, developing customized plans based on individuals’ circumstances, lifestyle habits, health conditions and other needs
- Completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training course in vinyasa yoga, registering with the Yoga Alliance as an RYT200 Yoga Instructor (in addition to regularly teaching yoga to middle-school-aged girls, I offer private yoga sessions and hold pop-up yoga events)
Beyond these activities, I’m an ardent traveler and foodie, a music lover, and a passionate supporter of my ever-increasing network of friends and family. A California native, I currently live in New York with my husband, Mario, and my sweet dog and running companion, Cali.