Health coaching is a relatively new profession, but the idea behind it is really rooted in how we, as human beings, operate. As a Health Coach, I will help you work with your unique body, and take into consideration how everything in your life affects your health and wellness. At first glance, you may think that what a Health Coach does is not much different from a conventional Nutritionist or Dietitian, or a diet program. However, there are some subtle differences that make our approach superior in terms of creating positive changes that last - instead of delivering a one size fits all solution.
As a Health Coach
1) I work with the concept of bio-individuality. My approach is client driven. Instead of getting a one-size-fits-all meal plan based on a cookie-cutter approach or one fad diet, I create customized plans for my clients based on their individual circumstances, lifestyle habits, health condition and other needs.
2) I approach nutrients as a "whole foods", instead of compartmentalizing them into individual nutrients such as calories, carbs, proteins, tats, etc. Why? Because the synergistic relationship among these various components when they are ingested in the form of whole foods deliver much more benefits than when they are taken as individual nutrients.
3) With my health coaching program, I work with my clients over several months with sessions that last 30-50 minutes. I am able to be with them every step of the way so that we are able to look into lifestyle choices and work on changing habits, resulting in meaningful and positive behavioral changes that last for a long time, delivering long-term health benefits.
4) My coaching is goal-action-and result oriented. My approach focuses on implantation and integration, so that healthy changes are integrated into your life. We live in the age of information overload - you don't need more information, you need to know which information to use and how to make them work for your life.
5) Instead of treating the symptoms, I work with my clients to get to the underlying cause of their health concerns. We look at how issues such as stress, emotional distress, physical activities, etc. affect our overall wellbeing. I help my clients cultivate the awareness to improve all areas of their lives.
What to Expect
Comprehensive initial assessment - Women and men fill out your Health History forms.
In-depth analysis - How your diet and lifestyles are affecting you.
Personalized solutions - With areas of improvement.
Education - Nutrition, fitness, habits, health, etc.
Action plan - Steps to reach your goals.